Travel Expenses - what can I actually claim back??

samedi 29 novembre 2014

Hi all,



I have just a couple of questions regarding travel expenses and what I am legally allowed to claim back... Just to fill you in: I have been employed at my current place of work for four years now, and was very recently asked to work on-site for our client (temporarily) for the next 3 - 4 months. I am being told to use my personal car to cover the distance. The distance to the clients workplace is now twice my usual commute. My contract clearly states: "All travelling expenses away from the office will be reimbursed."




I just have a few questions:






  • I am being told that I can only claim mileage allowance for the additional distance on top of what my usual commute to/from work would be. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or am I entitled to claim back the whole journey?

  • My employer will only reimburse 30 pence per mile. I am aware that the current AMAP rate is 45 pence per mile. Since I am not self-employed and do not handle my own taxes, is there a reason why my employer would not reimburse the full 45 pence? Does this mean I now have to submit a tax-claim to reclaim the additional 15 pence that I am entitled to?? Do I now need to keep my petrol receipts too???

  • My employer has stated that, whilst working away, I am not allowed to claim any food expenses (i.e. lunch). Can anyone confirm is this is correct or am I also entitled to claim back my lunch? (provided I have kept receipts)








Would really appreciate some help with the above questions. Thanks for your time.





Cheers.





Travel Expenses - what can I actually claim back??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire