Brian Carter solicitors LLP

jeudi 27 novembre 2014

Hi



I just wanted to get some advice, I recieved a claim form from Northampton county court today at an old address for a debt of £942+ costs from a current account that had an overdraft the debt was passed from lloyds tsb to Lowell portfolio 04/07/2013 and they are taking me to court to recover the debt.



I have viewed my credit report and it shows that the date of default was 17/06/2009 I do not think this is correct as I had other debts that I defaulted on at the same time that have all been statue barred and been removed from my credit report last year.



i am not to sure how to proceed as I only have 14 days to respond to the court and I'm not sure how much time Lowell have to send me proof that they have had contact or payment from me in the last 6 years and that the debt is still within that time limit.



my questions are if they fail to provide proof that the debt is not statue barred then will the court dismiss the claim? If they do prove that they are within the 6 years will they accept an arrangement with me so I can avoid getting a CCJ??



Many thanks for for any advice



Nick





Brian Carter solicitors LLP

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire