Starting to deal with debt

samedi 29 novembre 2014

Hi, I got myself into a lot of debt starting around 2007/8 which ultimately led to me stopping paying any bills or opening any post and being evicted from a hosing association property in early 2010. Since then I have been either lodging or livin with friends and have not appeared on the relevant electoral roles or had anything like utilities bills in my name or my drving licence updated to the new addresses from the time of eviction.



I am now trying to sort out these debts and have approached the three main credit report companies for information. Experian and CallCredit have both refused to give any information on the grounds of data protection as I am not able to provide them with the proof of address they require. Equifax have sent a report which gives information on my Lloyds bank and credit card debts plus a CCJ from 2008 that I don't know what it is far but has at least allowed me to approach the court for further information.



I am lucky in that I only ever had one current account and one credit card (No store cards etc) but I am struggling to get information on utilities debts or a response from the housing association. At this point I can't remember who my gas, electric, telephone and broadband suppliers were never mind the debt. Does anyone know how I can track down those debts without randomly approaching debt collection agencies as that is one bear I don't want to poke until I have a plan of action worked out.



The council have replied to an email of mine giving me my council tax debts, (£410.49 for one address and £6838 for the one I was evicted from. This second debt of £6838 is with a debt collection agency called Ross and Roberts. I have no idea how the debt figure has been reached as I never told the council I was living there, it was a one bedroom flat, probably only lived there for two years at most and I would have been due a single person discount. The property was unoccupied for several months prior to my moving in, it is possible that I am being charged from the time the previous occupant vacated the flat to the time the tennant after me moved in but the number is still suspiciously large.



Any advice on how to locate debts would be appreciated, I'm aware that when I got to seek either LVA or bankruptcy that I need to be able to show that I have taken all reasonable measures to identify my debts.



Many thanks.





Starting to deal with debt

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire