Courier Compensation, Not enough to cover refunding my customer AND loss of item

samedi 29 novembre 2014

myHermes (I know, I know) have lost parcel number 49, after 48 successful items prior to this.



They have admitted it;




Quote:




Dear James,

We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to locate your parcel.



Should you wish to submit a claim, please complete the following online form:



Lost claims form



In addition to this online form, please provide the following information in order for us to assess your claim;



• For items sold on eBay, please provide the eBay item number

• Proof of value e.g. PayPal receipt/invoice (Not required where eBay item number provided)



Please submit your claim within 14 days of this email. Note; if no response is received, we will assume you no longer wish to pursue this claim and your incident will be closed.



If you choose to refund your customer before this claim is finalised, then you must do so at your own risk. Should your parcel be located, it will be delivered as per your initial instructions, and the claim rejected.



On receipt of a completed claim, we will review the information within 14 working days and contact you again.



Kind regards



Ishtiyak Shaikh



Customer Service Advisor

myHermes Customer Services



So I completed the form, actually, most of it was completed automatically (such as the price), as it was an eBay item.



Now, they've reviewed the claim, and I've just received the following;




Quote:




Dear James,

We are pleased to confirm that we have today accepted your claim for £ 24.78.



• Selling price: £ 22.00

• myHermes postage: £ 2.78



Please allow 7-10 days for the payment to be processed back to the payment method you initially used to book your parcel.



You will receive a further email confirmation when your claim has been completed.



Kind regards



Dollarem D’mello



Customer Service Advisor

myHermes Claims Department




The problem here is that I obviously have to refund £22 to my customer.



So ultimately, I am £22 (ish) down, as I have no "refund" or product to show for it. I should perhaps mention that I did not pay for additional compensation, as MyHermes provide £50 cover as standard (if not standard, thats what cover was on my shipment).



Is this right? If so, it's a bloody con!



James





Courier Compensation, Not enough to cover refunding my customer AND loss of item

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire