Car park confiscating my car. Is it legal?

jeudi 27 novembre 2014

Last weekend, I parked in a car park, the sign said £1.40/ph until 10:30pm or £3 for the night. Maybe it said opening hours, but it was not obvious, so maybe I should have read more carefully. I parked there at 10pm, so I just assumed it was 24hrs.



Anyway, when I returned at around 1:30am, the shutters were down and there was an attendant standing there who made us all pay £50 each, plus the parking to get our cars out.

He told us if we didn't/couldn't pay, he simply wouldn't let us out.



I had no choice, so I paid, but I wrote to complain. I at least want a slice of their time for my money :p



Given that I wasn't the only one there having to fork out, this is clearly a regular money making racket, as you would expect from council parking. This could surely put someone in a very vulnerable & dangerous situation tho, if they couldn't get the £50 there & then, so my question is, is it even legal to force someone to pay the fine on the spot or have their car confiscated for the night?



Maybe I might just ask them to demonstrate how it is legal to do that.





Car park confiscating my car. Is it legal?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire