claimants threats after I have paid ccj

mercredi 26 novembre 2014

I run my own company as a go between with venues and entertainers. An entertainer took me to court for disgrimination, data protection n other issues. I counter claimed as the claimant had an outstanding debt to my company n was making 1.00 payments now and again. I did at first send the debt to a debt collector. The case was heard early october n the judge said it was down to contract law and nothing else. He awarded a small amount of money on the claimants side but also stated that the claimant had been in the wrong as well. On the counter claim for the debt I was awarded the full amount plus interest. I paid the difference between the judgements with in 14 days of the court date and thought the matter would now be over. Ive now received a text message from the claimant stating £1.00 had not been accounted for at court n I owed him it and because I had sent the debt to a collector his credit rating had been ruined and he wants compensation otherwise he is taking me back to court.



Am i correct in thinking that if he didnt agree with the figure i gave in court he should have dissputed it then or appealed at the time of judgement and also if the judge recognised he owed my company money then I was in my rights to try and recover this through a debt collector. Also this man has tried various threats over the year while the case was pending court and is very aggressive. Where do I stand in getting him to stop if this carries on



Thanks





claimants threats after I have paid ccj

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire