Bryan Carter - Default CCJ

dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Hi



I would appreciate a few pointers on this. The dreaded BC has obtained a CCJ by default againt me.



The problem is that I never received the original claim form, so had no opportunity to defend the claim. I'm not even sure what the claim is for, but it's possible it's for an old bank account overdraft which has been in dispute since 2008. I'll phone the Court tomorrow and find out.



I want to apply to set it aside, but I've been reading that it's very difficult to do this. Also I'm a bit confused about the fee - is it really £155?? That seems an awful lot of money. Is the fee cheaper if I opt for no hearing or a telephone hearing.



The whole debt, including fees, is just over £500.



I beleive the claim form was sent to my old address, although I have a redirection in place, the claim form was not redirected. Have not received any correspondence from BC or anyone else demading money either, so I'm a bit puzzled really. Had I received any correspondence I would have just sent him the usual account in dispute. It may even be statute barred anyway.



Any pointers would be appreciated.





Bryan Carter - Default CCJ

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire