Lowell/Carter CCJ. Barred Stature. Fictitious payments.

vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Hi all.



It's my first post here so be kind!



I took out my first (and only ever since) credit card with Capital One in May 2005, foolishly and naively (never having had any money before) blew the £5,000 limit within 6 months. I attempted to keep repaying something off it until the repayments monthly were astronomical and I became very very frightened of the massive weight on my shoulders. By then it had gone to a collector who refused my low offer of monthly repayments and asked me for £60 per week.



To to hide from it (ignorance is bliss) I basically stopped repaying around 2006/07 and ignored ever letter and call that followed me to my new hone which I live in now.



fast forward to now, I received the blue court forms from Northampton owing £5200 inc costs to Lowells, represented by Bryan Carter. I did my research and believe the Stature Barred applies here being 7/8 years since I paid the debt.



i called Carters today and told them it should not have been issued due to SB. They said it did, as I paid £1 yes £1 to them in 2010! I said to them I disputed this and with much pressing they told me it was on 11/02/2010.



They couldn't tell me the payment method or bank details of the transaction apparently. Then the lady was rather stuttery and fumbly when I answered no to her question 'did you have a debt advisor company on this debt' it was like she had put her foot in it. No idea if this means anything.



i have checked my bank statement for the whole of Feb 2010 - no payments at all to them or for a £1 anywhere. I have requested a statement from an old closed business account I had back then but I doubt I would have paid it from there as I never used it really.



so what is this mysterious payment?



i have replied with defense online with the court instead of filling in the papers. I didn't include the £1 claim in there (I found that out after) I claim SB and explained I have not spoken to lowells via phone/mail in the 6 year period or made payments.



i have no idea what to do now! Help and advice please lovely people :)





Lowell/Carter CCJ. Barred Stature. Fictitious payments.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire