Suing A Local Authority For Defamation

samedi 29 novembre 2014

Hi everybody. I have just joined the forum. I have done so because my family are experiencing some terrible difficulties with social services. I am trying to help my mum to get them off our backs. During a recent child protection meeting a libellous statement was made against a member of my family, stating that they had recently been arrested for a violent crime, which is totally untrue. We have the minutes document with this statement in writing and are thinking of suing the council.

I believe that the council are responsible for this statement which was made with regard to a police report. I do not believe the police were responsible for supplying this false information. The chair of the conference is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the minutes, which have now been distributed among a number of professionals.

I have done some research and I believe the first thing is the pre-action protocol which I must serve on the defendant stating the problem, the injury done and a course of action for them to put it right/pay compensation.

Does anybody know who I should address the pre-action letter to in the Council? I am not sure whether it would be the chair of the conference, the chief executive, the head of department or the complaints department. Also any further advice would be appreciated. I believe I have a solid case here against them so if anybody here is interested in getting involved I would be interested to hear from you.





Suing A Local Authority For Defamation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire