Second hand goods covered under warranty?

vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Hi,

I bought a USED LG Blu Ray player from Ebay which worked the first time but then stopped working the next time I used it. I contacted PC Parts, the seller from Ebay but they said their return policy was 7 days and asked me to contact LG as the product was still in warranty. I contacted LG but they are being very unhelpful. They wanted proof of purchase so I supplied them with screen shots of the listing clearly showing that I had bought the item. They said this was not satisfactory and that there was no proof that the item was NEW. I told the agent that the item was not NEW but USED and that was obvious from the screen shots. His notes mentioned that there was no proof item was NEW and the price paid seemed to be very low. I asked him to direct me to the warranty notes that said USED item were no longer under warranty but he said he couldn't due to data protection laws!! I asked to speak to a manager who is ringing me back today.



Does an electrical item have to be NEW for the warranty to be active?



The item I bought was USED and not stated as refurbished but LG are insisting that an item has to be NEW for the warranty to be applicable. The item is still in warranty.



Is there any legislation I can throw back at them please?



Many Thanks.





Second hand goods covered under warranty?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire