MET Parking Ticket - Debt Agency Now involved

vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Hi All



I'm in the unfortunate position of having received a MET Parking ticket for parking at a McDonalds for longer than they liked in April 2014. When I researched it at the time on this forum and others, the advice I found was that MET were relatively benign and very unlikely to keep trying after 1-2 reminders, so I kept the letters but ignored them and didn't pay. The original fine was £100, reduced to £50 if paid quickly. I didn't pay and they've now sent a fourth letter. I think I mis-judged it..



They have now referred me to a debt collection firm called "Debt Recovery Plus Ltd". They are saying that if I do not pay the Debt firm within 7 days they might apply for a County Court Judgment against me. They say that this will then increase the bill from £150 (what they want now) to about £255. The correspondence is in my father-in-law's name, and I don't want him to be messed around any more.



In the third letter, MET parking also said that the independent POPLA service was no longer available because I didn't appeal to MET first within 28 days. I can scan and post the letters here, but I don't have pictures of the parking area. Needless to say I didn't see any signs, it was dark at night, and I was in the restaurant with 3 kids so it took a long time to get in and out. Seems very unreasonable to pay so much money to be a paying customer of McDonalds.



Mystery1 and others, I would appreciate your advice please... The letter is dated 25/11, so that means Monday 1st DEcember is the last of the 7 days for me to pay.



Please help!! :-)



Thanks

aami.mas





MET Parking Ticket - Debt Agency Now involved

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire