Restons (Arrow) - CCJ Claim bolt from the blue...

mercredi 26 novembre 2014

Hello.



I hope I have come to the right place and panicking a bit, really hope you can help and put my mind at ease...



Around the 7th November I received two letter from Restons solicitiors advising I needed to contact them to make payment for two debts around £7500 and £23000 and were acting for Arrow. I had never heard of Arrow before and don't ever recall receiving any letters from them whatsoever! Amounts like this just scared the life out of me, and have never owed any amounts totalling this or hidden away from what I owed.



Upon Googling Restons Solicitors and Arrow, it appeared these two companies play hard ball and posters on several forums suggested making all correspondents by letter and not to get involved with phone conversations.



I sent Restons a letter on the 16th November asking for clarification on these debts, how they were pointing them at me and the original claimants of where the debts were incurred... I also asked them to prove it was me owing the debts. I made it very clear, in the letter I was happy to work with them and IF the debts were mine I would make an offer of payment (in installments). HOWEVER, I stupidly did not sign the printed letter I sent them and Restons returned this (I received it back on Monday 24th November), saying they would not correspond with unsigned letters and asking me to confirm I was the sender.



I was about to write to them this evening (26th November) confirming I was the letter writer and going to sign my original letter... Unfortunately when I got home from work, I have now received two County Court Claim forms for both these debts.



Please could anyone advise how I proceed now?



The forms ask me if I want to dispute the debts, which in essence I want to do. But want to ensure I know what I am disputing and who the clients of Arrow and Restons are.



Can I write to Restons asking them to clarify the debts still, as my original letter was intended, and ask them to withdraw the CCJ forms to work with them directly to get the issues sorted? Or are we past this point and have to do it through official channels?

This has really scared me and want to do everything in my power to avoid a CCJ!



I can genuinely say I have never had any correspondents from Arrow, and Restons only began communicating in November.



Thanks in advance for any assistance.



**Sorry I forgot to mention, I have also requested my credit file and no debts of this amount show on my file. Only debts which I am familiar with and managing accordingly.





Restons (Arrow) - CCJ Claim bolt from the blue...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire