Marstons and TV License Fine

samedi 28 février 2015

Hi



Just after some advice if possible,



I had a TV license fine from an old previous previous address which Marstons were previously sent to collect, this was maybe a year ago.



At the time with all their fees etc there was no way for me to pay it , the bailiff called a few times at 6:30am in the morning, refused to leave the premises when he was told he wouldn't be coming in and I couldn't pay unless it was installments (we were on a low income and in a housing association property), the bailiff straight out refused installments etc. etc after a few complaints to Marstons offices I was allowed to pay the fine off in installments, so paid it and thought great that was the end of it.



Today (Saturday 27th) at 12.25pm I had the same bailiff from Marstons knock on the door, I didn't open the door or speak to him, totally ignored he was there as I am at home alone with my 3 year old and didn't feel comfortable openong the door or speaking with him ( he is easily 6ft+ tall and looks like a a biker!)



After a while he put a letter through the postbox and left.









Basically says I still owe the court £70, I have just dug out my records and it does seem I calculated wrong somewhere with the installments and missed the last one!



What can I do to get this sorted? this is the first I have heard that I still owe an installment, My partner and I are currently on Income Based JSA and full HB allowance, there is absolutely no way I can pay this with the added fees, even the £70 straight to the court wouldn't be possible unless it was by low installments.



Do I have a leg to stand on anywhere? I really don't know what to do and really don't want him coming round again as it was pretty un-nerving for us.



Really appreciate any help



Thanks





Marstons and TV License Fine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire