Hello there! Can anyone help us deal with my daughter's debt collectors please?

vendredi 27 février 2015

Hi everyone,

I joined your forum the other day to try and find out who CDUK were, as they keep leaving phone messages for my daughter.

I''m not that surprised to learn that they are a Debt Collection Agency, which along with Lowell Finance, are trying to get my daughter to repay money she owed to Ikano and very.co.uk respectively.

The trouble is, she's in her 3rd year at Uni, living away from home, and has no money to pay her creditors. She has managed to get bits of work when she's come home in the summers, but it's never been enough to enable her to clear any of the amounts outstanding. I don't know about the Ikano debt, which accrued through her use of a Newlook card, but the debt to very.co has increased rapidly due to them imposing financial penalties for missed payments on top of their already outrageous interest rates. I thought she'd explained her circumstances to them and that they'd agreed to shelve repayments until she finishes Uni but as we're now getting mail from Lowell, it seems the larger debt's been passed to them.

The Lowell debt is £1103 and the CDUK debt is £171, and of course she also owes the bank for her overdraft, which I think is about £2000, but they're not asking for that yet, thank god!

I know she's the one who should be sorting all this out, but she's up to her ears in Uni work to finish off her final year, and I'm the one getting the phone calls and nasty letters! She is applying for jobs as well to try and keep afloat but whatever she gets it will only be part-time so she's never going to have enough to pay off these amounts while she's studying, and the situation won't be much better after she's finished because then she'll also have the bank to pay back, plus rent, utilities and housekeeping to find, and if there's anything left over, she can pay me back all she's borrowed as well!

I just don't know what her best option is, and I'm worried that Lowell and CD will increase the amounts they want to recover if she doesn't contact them - CD say in their latest letter that 'Failure to pay this balance in full or contact us to set a plan within 7days will result in further and unnecessary communication.' Does 'unnecessary' mean they'll charge her for it?

I'd be very grateful for any advice on this.

And should you wish to keep up-to-date on their latest corporate chicanery, at the bottom of their last letter it says 'Collect Direct (UK) is a trading style of Teleperformance Limited, with a registered address in Bristol, whereas at the head of the letter they give their CD(UK) Leeds address. Errrmm... what the hell is a 'trading style' anyway???

Many thanks,

Ethel





Hello there! Can anyone help us deal with my daughter's debt collectors please?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire