Overpaid NHS Salary Due to Management Error

jeudi 26 février 2015

I reduced my hours nearly three months ago from a 4 day week to a 2 day week for extra study purpose.



I asked my line managers permission to do this and had a formal meeting with both of them re: this request. They agreed to a change in work hours. I gave them 4 weeks notice so that they could complete all change over forms required by HR. I was told by my line manager I could request my reduced hours as of 22nd Nov 14 - 1 month after the meeting.



I was off sick for 3 weekd in December (Medically certified) When I got paid the wages seemed too much. I asked my manager if a change over form had been done I was assured that the wages were due to working nights and weekends and not to worry. I attempted to calculate it from the payslip but there is no hourly rate just a basic salary and additional night/weekend hours. I found it difficult to contact the salary dept due to them only taking calls from employees between specific hours twice a week.



This week HR contacted me to inform me that the change over form had NOT been submitted and that I was being overpaid for 3 months. I acknowledge that this will need to be repayed but I am wondering where I stand re: a) My managers responsibility and incompetence b) How they will reclaim this?



Any info would be greatly appreciated!





Overpaid NHS Salary Due to Management Error

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire