Any advice ?

vendredi 27 février 2015

Hi

I have used this forum before to find help with a separate problem and have found the help and advice given excellent. I do not know what would have done without you ! However this matter is something different and wondered if anybody would be able to help ? This is my problem I have had this problem for quite a while now and nobody seems to want to help, or has given me solid advice. I have even been in touch with the financial ombudsman, all to no avail. Our problem started when my husband came out of work, he had been working as a joiner and we had received tax credits, everything was fine at this point. However when he came out of work he went to DWP to claim JSA when he was there he filled in all the forms etc, the adviser asked what his income was at that precise moment in time, which was only Working tax and Child tax (no wages as he had finished work) the advisor told him that as he was already receiving WT they would only pay us £13.00 per week and the £80.00 WT would make up the required amount to live on by law, this continued to be our income for the next few months.

However when he went back into work and tried to claim WT again they said they had overpaid us by approx. £2.100 yet when we explained we had only been receiving £13.00 from JSA they said there was nothing they could to about, and we are still paying it back to this day.

You see DWP had underpaid us by £80.00 per week and WT has overpaid us by £80.00 per week. So in retrospect DWP owe WT not us but we are having to pay this amount of money. I have wrote numerous letters yet nobody will help us. This amount of money is such a lot. If you could give me any advice. I would be extremely grateful. I wrote to dwp when this happened and this is what they replied with


When you claimed JSA in March 2011, you were in receipt of WTC of 88.94 per week, which was taken into account as income against your personal allowance rate of 102.75

As WTC continued to be paid until 9/9/2011, this continued to be treated as income received when assessing your JSA entitlement

Taking the guidance and legislation into I can confirm no arrears of JSA will be due to you for the period.

As you state you informed WTC that you had finished work, yet continued to recieve WTC, it was your responsibility to check with HMRC whether this was correct.

It is always the responsibility of the claimant to report a change in circumstances to the relevant department,on time, and to check any subsequent communications from that department to alert them of any possible discrepancies.




This letter was received on 13/3/13 and after this we have just reached a deadend and do not know what way to turn. Nobody seems to know what to do. Your advice is welcome and greatly appreciated.

I am wondering whether a solicitor would be able to help ? but this has been going on for so long and I no longer know what to do. The last letter I wrote was in Sept 14 and I did not even receive a reply. Do you think it has been so long that I can longer do anything ? I had given up hope that anything could be done, but after discovering this forum, i am hoping someone can help. I have been told to seek advice from a solicitor, but cannot afford any fees. Thanks for taking the time to read this. If I haven't explained the situation very well, please feel free to ask questions.....








Any advice ?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire