Small claims court preliminaryt hearing advice

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Hello,

First time poster so be gentle with me!

I'm taking action through the small claims court to settle a dispute regarding a motorcycle purchase. Briefly, I bought a bike from the UK concessionaire. The bike is covered by a two year parts and labour guarantee but the concessionaire has repeatedly failed to honour the guarantee. The bike developed a lot of problems and after five months into my ownership the rear suspension collapsed and I decided I'd had enough and demanded a full refund.

The concessionaire has done everything he can to delay and frustrate the court process but finally next week we have a preliminary hearing and the judge has ordered the defendant's solicitors to arrange a conference telephone call between the judge myself and the defendant..



I've no experience of this and wondered how this process works. Is everybody talking together or does the judge switch from one party to the other? I'm doing my own representation but the defendant has a solicitor.

Has anybody been through this and if so are there any pointers you can provide?

Thanks in anticipation.





Small claims court preliminaryt hearing advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire