Help with car insurance...

samedi 31 janvier 2015

I've been insured with Kwikfit since January 2014 and in that time my wife (named driver) has had 2 accidents, they were both her fault.



She also had 1 with our previous insurer (Aviva) again this was her fault, so 3 accidents altogether which were all her fault.



The policy with Kwikfit was up for renewal at the beginning of 2015 and I went with them again as after a bit of haggling they ended up being the cheapest at around £500 for the year, down from £800ish they originally wanted.



When I spoke to the lady on the phone, it seemed as though it was a straight forward renewal, she didn't ask me many question and all I wanted to know was weather the new policy provided the same level of cover as the old one - I was told it did.



Everything seemed fine until yesterday when I received a letter from Kwikfit wanting another £400 for not disclosing an accident that my wife had back in April 2014.



I rang Kwikfit and they indeed only had 2 accidents on their system even though the missing accident happened whilst insured with them. I told the lady on the phone that the renewal proposal form showed 3 accidents, including the one that was missing from there system.



She said it was very strange and that I needed to send them a copy of the proposal form I have showing all 3 accidents, I'll be doing this on Monday when I can get to a photocopier at work.



The letter Kwikfit sent me also said that they were reducing my NCB from 9 to 4 years because of the undisclosed accident although the renewal form shows all 3 accidents and 9 years NCB.



I checked the paper work for the new policy and it does indeed only show 2 accidents, I wish I had checked this sooner but with the policy renewing I didn’t bother.



Sorry for the long post and I hope I’ve been clear but are Kwikfit within their rights to do this?



Any thoughts on this would be welcome.



Thank you.





Help with car insurance...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire