National insurance number employee trouble. HELP!?

samedi 31 janvier 2015

I've just returned to the UK after 5 years in New Zealand and because of this I was not issued my national insurance number when I turned 16. Now that I've returned to the UK I only have my NZ passport and can't afford to renew my UK passport (a prerequisite for a national insurance number) until I get paid. However my employer who I've been working for a month+ has said that they wont pay me until I've got a national insurance number sorted. The problem is I can't get my national insurance number sorted until I get paid and pay to renew my UK passport and I can't get paid the money I need to do that until I have my national insurance number.



It's obviously a bit of a circular situation of not being able to get paid until I get paid. But I've been told by many people that a national insurance number isn't necessary to be paid, but payment can still be made, your tax is just increased. Is this true? As I don't mind as long as I can be paid and afford to renew my UK passport and get this whole debacle sorted.



Any help or tactics to get this sorted would be greatly appreciated:tinysmile_cry_t2:





National insurance number employee trouble. HELP!?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire