Help requested with personal accident while playing football

jeudi 29 janvier 2015

I hope (as this is my 1st post) that this is in the right place.



As things stand i have a broken leg that was incurred after a bad tackle during a game of football in an amateur league. The club was required to have personal accident insurance otherwise we would not be allowed entry to the league, which sounds fair enough. However from what i was told (by the manager) there was only one company to go with and with no insurance there would be no football. Normally i would have asked to see the T+Cs, what they covered and what the payouts were but being that we didn't have a choice and that I doubted I would have been injured, I along with the rest of the team stumped up £10 each.



Then the unexpected happened, broken leg which was both the Tibia and Fibula. This resulted in 2 operations and several months later I am still receiving Physio treatment and rehab which i expect to hopefully finish by the end of April. Paperwork was sent to the insurance company, forms were filled out and when they finally got back to me I was slightly disgusted to say the least.



They claimed that despite me still having a broken leg, as i had managed to be able to be employed 2 weeks after the injury, doing something else other than my usual job that they would not be paying anything as they don't cover the 1st two weeks of any injury. Now I am not one to sit around and do nothing, I ignored the doctors advise to take 6 weeks off and that was why i was back at work so soon. I then finally got some of their T+Cs (what i got is attached) after a fair mount of hassle and could see what they covered and didn't.



Despite being considerably pi$$ed off with the insurance company, they were only operating within their T+Cs, my complaint is with the League due to them effectively forcing this company on ALL players within the league setup.



Would there be a reasonable argument for taking legal action against the League? Being that they pushed this company AND stated that we must have cover (despite some players having their own personal accident cover, which was deemed insufficient or not the right cover etc.) I am also considering going to the press to make other players aware of the poor coverage for injuries by this company (being that theres not many injuries that would keep people off work for more than two weeks)



I have contacted my local CAB but have not received a reply yet. There are a couple of things i need to confirm with the manager such as Did we HAVE to go with that company or was that one just the easiest and Would individual personal accident cover have been accepted by the league.



Thanks for reading this far and any help is greatly appreciated.


Attached Files







Help requested with personal accident while playing football

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire