CCJ from Cabot's

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Hello

I am posting here in the hope that you may be able to offer me some constructive advice on a problem that has recently revealed itself in the form of Cabot’s having obtained a default judgement against me at Northampton County Court.



Needless to say, I am extremely worried and anxious to deal with this as I am terrified of the next step Cabot’s might take, which would be obtaining another order from the court to involve bailiffs.



The court has ordered that I pay Cabot’s £228.34 per month on a debt of £13,700.37. This amount is nowhere near the original amount that was originally loaned from the Halifax. On top of this amount there is mis-sold PPI, astronomical interest charges, together with charges from a variety of DCA's whom it has been passed around and sold on for the past 4 years. I don't think the judge will have known about or considered this as Cabots would obviously have wished to recoup amounts that should be refunded such as PPI.



At the present time I am going through a particularly bad time with my depression (which I will talk more about in a moment), and my mental health is suffering greatly. I have suffered with period of being upset, confused, and did not realise I should have filed for a defence – hence this outcome, and my now appealing to you for assistance.



I would like to discover if the judge would see this as a good enough reason for a set aside if I were to provide evidence from my doctor, and the court were to realise how Cabot’s have pushed me to where I am now, as well as the amount of money they are trying to claim in charges plus the original PPI which is still there, which I don't think a court would award if they were aware.



I had been unemployed since September of 2012 and been surviving on JSA payments. It is only recently on January 5th this year that I managed to secure a temporary job assignment from an agency that will last 12 weeks but the pay is low. The amount the court has ordered me to pay is a whole week’s wages! I cannot possibly afford this! In fact, I have extremely little left for food after my utilities, travel, etc. have been paid each week.



There have been times when I have not eaten because food becomes simply unaffordable when monthly bills have been paid.



On top of all this (as I touched upon above), I have suffered with very bad depression for a number of years for which I am under the care of my GP and take medication for and which I can back up with a letter from him if I need to. Cabot’s are literally making my condition a whole lot worse, and my mental health is suffering to the extreme because of it – I am having some very dark thoughts right now as I feel Cabot’s are ruining my life with their unreasonable demands! I would like to know if there is something in both the mental health act, and OFT which prohibits outfits like Cabot’s from pushing me to the brink, which I feel they are doing right now



Is there any way I could get this judgement set aside, so as to buy me a little time to sort things out and come to some sort of agreement with both parties? There is no way I can get my hands on this kind of money! I am feeling absolutelydesperate right now and feel I am on a runaway train!



My income is so low that I am still entitled to relief on my rent and council tax according to the calculation I had done by the manager of my housing association. I have to wait until they have five of my pay slips before I get a final decision,



I fear that my situation is unlikely to improve, and an expenditure and income statement would show that realistically I am unable to make any offer of payment right now, as my income is nowhere near the figure that it was since I was sacked from my position with DWP because of my mental health issues, which they claimed they were no longer able to support



I realise that time is of the essence here, so I would greatly appreciate any initial help and advice you could give me to get me started. I have attempted to fill a N244 form online but I am a little unsure of some of the questions asked.



I hope you may be able to advise me somewhat after considering some of the points I have raised, and how I should go about dealing with the court. I simply cannot entertain the idea of bailiffs knocking on my door as the thought terrifies me!



I have no assets to speak of. I own no property, I have no vehicle, no savings or investments, or anything of any worth at all.



I don't even have carpets or furnishings as I am not in a position to afford any aright now and have not been for a long time.



If getting this set aside isn't possible, what is the best step to take? How do I approach Cabot's regarding this so as to get the payment reduced to an affordable amount?



I would appreciate any help or advice you could give me.

Thank you so very much for your time.





CCJ from Cabot's

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire