Pension Credit overpayment

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Hi everyone

This is my first time on here so please accept my apologies if i get anything wrong or don't explain my predicament clearly.



I am currently representing my late mother who passed away last November in a dispute with the DWP over an alleged overpayment of Pension Credit. The story goes back nearly 12 months and it's not something thats not really relevant to my query but I will gladly supply information if someone feels it's necessary for them to answer my question.



The dispute is now at the Appeal stage and in the hands of The Courts and Tribunal Service whom i have advised i am not an Appointee or held Power of Attorney for my late mother. Today, the Appeals section of the DWP have contacted me by phone saying that they have received an email from the Courts and Tribunal Service saying that in order for the Appeal to go ahead, by law they need me to be made an Appointee. The DWP woman went onto say that she can make me an Appointee over the phone on behalf of the Secretary of State for Works and Pensions and then began to go in to pre scripted speech. I stopped her almost immediately and said that i would have to take advice before i agree to anything . She replied that it didn't mean i was liable for anything and it was just something that was necessary for the appeal to go through.



It all sounded a little rushed and made me very suspicious so i flatly refused and said i would contact her again once i had sought advice. So my questions are :- 1, If i choose not to become an Appointee, and clearly the Courts and Tribunal Service need me to be for the appeal to be heard, can the DWP still chase me for my late mothers alleged Pension Credit overpayment?



2, Can the DWP force me to be an Appointee even against my wishes, in relation to recovering the alleged overpayment?





Pension Credit overpayment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire