Help! Executors problem with beneficiary

samedi 27 décembre 2014

Hi,



I am hoping someone can help us with a problem we have. My mother in law died recently and in her Will made my husband (who is the eldest son) an Executor along with his sister. There are two other sons who are also beneficiaries. Unfortunately, one of the brother's is quite abusive and we think intimidating the sister. He is hostile to my husband who within the last 10 days has registered the death, arranged the funeral along with his sister (the others were invited to participate but refused) - we buried her on Monday.



Now it appears that the sister is being intimidated in to giving information about what is going on and being told what to say and do. So while at the beginning the Executors were in agreement about what was going to happen, it now seems that the sister is starting to drag her heels to please the brother. My husband is making an appointment with the banks this next week to sort out the finances and she has agreed to go with him to that, but will not commit to arranging a date where they can all meet at the house and make an inventory of what is there and divide their parents. possessions up fairly. The troublesome brother still has keys to the house and is seen going there regularly which is also worrying as he will not agree a date with my husband so the 4 of them can all get together.



My husband is going to ring the Solicitor on Monday morning to get some advice as he does not need the hassle along with his grief. The brother has sent a nasty message today saying how he is going to challenge my husband as an Executor (and this is before the house is up for sale). My husband is hurt and bewildered by this behaviour. My mother in law knew that she could trust my husband to follow her wishes to the letter and would make sure everything was done fairly so why is his brother being like this? Do Executors have to ask beneficiaries permission on everything or can they act in their best interest?



Please give me some advice so I can try and comfort my husband until he can contact the Solicitor on Monday,





Help! Executors problem with beneficiary

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire