Fine for Parking on Single Yellow Line/Footpath

mardi 23 décembre 2014

Hello



Got a fine for the above, yes there was a single yellow line and yes there was a notice stating (8am - 6pm) no parking.



Objected to this as I worked on the building site next to this footpath, we clearly put up signs saying 'Footpath Closed' (metal signs all legal). Behind my car at about 3 metres metal gates were erected that did not allow anyone entry on the footpath. I got this ticket because I was parked on the pavement.



I objected to this and the reply was -



'The Notice was served because your vehicle was parked on the pavement where single yellow lines run along the edge of the carriageway. The parking restriction indicted by Single yellow lines is in force at the times stated on the sign, and applies to the carriageway, pavement and verge, as explained in the Highway Code'



The person who issued this ticket was very economical with the truth as they did not show (in the photos I received) the signs that we put up (work for one of the biggest building companies in the UK) so signs were all legal, only showed my car on the pavement in front of the barrier.



So, I now have a few days to pay the £35 after the Rejection of Challenge, I think I'll just pay it and then fight it out - what do you think ? The Rejection letter wasn't signed by anyone and it seemed to have the last page missing.



I think if the footpath was legally closed then there would be no need for any parking regulations at the time.



Many thanks as always





Fine for Parking on Single Yellow Line/Footpath

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire