Cabot Financial and old egg loan-CCJ Being sought

lundi 29 décembre 2014

Hello Everyone

I really need some advice, I recently received a claim, listing me as the defendant from Cabot. I have 14 days to respond and am already a few days in. They bought a debt of mine from egg,which was a loan-it was then sold off and they bought it from a third party. I was actually paying the third party up until April last year and then due to my finances I stopped. I did speak to the correspondence company that Cabot are using and was advised to fill out the Court Forms within 14 days. My major problem is if I accept the CCJ, I will become unemployable. I am just about to get a job as a part-time Account Assistant, so they will check my credit and I am doing a part-time degree in Law (just started,so have just done my first term!), So a CCJ will really stop me in my tracks. I do not have the money to pay them off. What should I do? From my research I think I have to options, accept and write a cover letter and hope they do not go for a CCJ. Which appears unlikely.

Or next option is to defend myself, ask for the CCA, send £1 and also ask for a SAR,send £10. Buy myself a little bit of time-But because I paid towards the debt in April last year-lose and then have extra costs against me.

The final option which I do not understand but have read about is the 'Tomlin Order'-not sure if it would apply to my case or how to go about it, so it could apply to my case.

The original loan was taken out 2003-I think.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, panicking as expected, so don't want to ignore.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post in advance.

Sara77





Cabot Financial and old egg loan-CCJ Being sought

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire