Service Engineer Off-Sick from seizure but lost driving licence... Advice please??

lundi 29 septembre 2014

Hi, I work for a well known electrical retailer white goods repair division and demands lots of driving .

Due to long working hours and minimal sleep from new baby (sleep deprivation), I had an isolated one off seizure back in August, I have been signed off by my gp untill late October as thats when my final hospital tests are but have already been told I'm fit for work. But in dvla regulations I had to surrender my licence for 6 months from day of seizure. Once I've had my final October check my gp cannot sign me off any further but do not get my licence back untill mid February. My employer has told me they cannot offer practical alternative duties because I will still have issues finding my own way to the depot each morning.

They have already took my van and tools off me to give to someone else been recruited.

Me and my manager are still on good terms but my case has not been assessed yet, possibly because I am still signed off till late October but what do I do after that??

I enjoy working for the company and rather I didn't leave I suppose it's beyond me I feel.



Am I best applying for unpaid leave?

Do I cut my losses and leave or wait till they let me go (if they let me go)?

Or do I do nothing and wait to see what they say?



What would any of you guys or gals do?



Any guidance will be awsome.



I can't get hold of my local CAB because they are hopeless >:-(.



Many thanks.



Anominus.





Service Engineer Off-Sick from seizure but lost driving licence... Advice please??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire