Old Halifax Mortgage Question

mardi 30 septembre 2014

Hope some mortgage experts on here can kindly assist.



My OH and I took out our first mortgage in 1990 (100% repayment) and we were sold a 25 year Standard Life policy through a Halifax Property Services agent, who advised that it was compulsory at the time for the mortgage to be agreed.



We got into some financial difficulties in early 2000 and the direct debit was cancelled and never reinstated. I also don't recall ever hearing anything from the Halifax or Standard Life regarding further payments.



I have now located the relevant policy details with relevant policy numbers and various HPS letters regarding the sale.



Now before I go any further, was the advice by the HPS agent / Standard Life representative correct in what he said ? Or is this a form of miss-selling and we could have sought other alternatives ?



If so who do I contact with complaint ?



Thank-you for any advice.





Old Halifax Mortgage Question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire