Sale of Goods for second hand car

lundi 29 septembre 2014

23 months ago I purchased a 2 year old Audi from an established second hand dealer. The dealer suggested it was a mobility car , 1 careful owner etc, it looked in great condition.

However....recently I advertised the car in auto trader where it was brought to my attention the car was a cat D.( this means it had been in an accident and the repair had been deemed uneconomical by the insurance company.)

In essence this means the car has lost approximately 40% of the value.

I went back to the dealer , he had offered to buy the car back at a reduced rate leaving me £3500 out of pocket.

I believe the dealer sold the car without disclosing these facts

My question is this...the dealer maintains he was NOT aware or this cat D scenario, his HPI check did not point this cat d out as it as a admin error by RSA. (the insurer)

Would this fact that the dealer had no knowledge of the previous accident mean I would not be entitled to full compensation.





Sale of Goods for second hand car

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire