Too many cortisone injections

mardi 30 septembre 2014

Hi all - bit of advice if possible please.



I have had problems with my shoulder (torn rotator cuff) since a fall in 2003, having had several physio sessions at various times over 4 years which didn't help, so it was decided that I would benefit from cortisone injections to relieve the pain. I was warned that the injections may weaken the injection site but was never told that there was a recommended limit of 3 injections. I had in the region of 12 injections before my GP decided that I needed surgery, which I had on 22nd July 2014. I have now found out that I should never have been given so many, and because I had so many it may have caused more problems - I had an accident at work which resulted in a torn bicep tendon which may have been caused by the amount of injections weakening the site.



Do I have any recourse as surely the GP's shouldn't have given me so many injections?



Thanks,



Kit





Too many cortisone injections

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire