legal advice please help re: unpaid wages, grievance letter

mardi 30 septembre 2014

Dear Forum Members,



Unfortunately, I need to send a formal grievance letter to my previous employer as they failed to pay me any wages and I could not resolve the issue by talking to my line manager. I have formulated a grievance letter, although I have no legal background whatsoever. Can you please advise, would this do as a first step?







Dear Sir/Madam,



I write further to previous communication, and formally request that you provide me with my wages in accordance with the Employment Rights Act 1996 and the National Minimum Wage Act 1998. As an employer, you are in contractual obligation to pay me the correct amount of wages, at the time that is agreed in the contract of employment.



I worked for company name – (address of work, period of work, job title). My staff number is: xxx. While still on probation period, I notified my line manager in writing that I wanted to resign from this position and worked through the 7 days notice period according to the contract of employment.



However, the company breached the contract of employment by failing to pay me any wages and failing to provide a pay slip; therefore contravened Section 13 of the Employment Rights Act.



I contacted my line manager, name, on date (the day after the payment was due) and notified her that I was not paid any wages. I stated that if this is due to a mistake, she should rectify this mistake as a matter of urgency and pay me my wages. She sent me a text message on my mobile phone on date stating that she is only willing to pay 70% of what she owes me due to tax purposes and only at a later date. This is unacceptable. She should issue me with my full pay and provide a detailed pay slip. I submitted a P45 tax declaration form to the company prior to commencing my employment.



The company is liable for any financial loss that I incur as a result of failure to pay me.



This is a step one letter in the statutory grievance procedure.



Please issue me with my full pay immediately.





Yours faithfully,



My name





legal advice please help re: unpaid wages, grievance letter

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire