Mother giving the father full custody voluntarily

vendredi 31 octobre 2014

Hello

I am hoping some one can help me out. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and due to many factors which I won't go in to, I am unable to look after this child. As a result of that I contacted social services a while ago to let them know that I was unable and didn't want too look after the child when he was born and wanted an adoption. They got back to me and explained the whole adoption process and told me I would need the fathers permission to go ahead.



Me and the father of the child where never together but he does know I am pregnant and he wasn't best pleased. I thought he would be indifferent about the whole adoption situation but it turns out he feels really strongly about it. He said that he does not want the child to be put in to adoption/foster care and that if I wont care for the child then he will take full custody of the child.



I was a bit hesitant of this and explained my concerns to him, he agreed that he would talk to his mum about the situation. His mum feels really strongly about not giving the baby up too and has told him she will help him (the initial stages of a newborn, childcare when hes working etc) After much consideration I have come to the conclusion that it would be better for the child to be raised with his dad and I probably wouldn't stand a chance if I tried to fight that anyway.



So my main question is how would we go about this? Its voluntary on my behalf so there will be no disputes etc and he will be on the birth citivicate. Is it a case of him just taking the child from the hospital instead of me or is it more complex.



Also I am not sure if he is expecting me to sign over all of my rights and have no involvement at all and bind this legally so I can not change my mind or get involved. If this is the case (and I agree to it) what process would happen?



Thanks





Mother giving the father full custody voluntarily

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire