What is "Reasonable Distance"

jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Hiya, first post to this site.

I work for a company that is trying to send me to a meeting 150 miles away from my home.

It isn't a meeting vital to the company as it is basically an awards day and a chat about things i will receive paper versions of anyway.

I have gone through my contract and it does state they can ask me to go elsewhere within a reasonable distance.



I don't feel 150 miles is reasonable. The coach they are organising stops to pick other people up so it is a 4 hour trip for a 3 hour meeting and 4 hours back (based on previous years travelling times)



Some advice would be great as i would like to know im within my rights to decline attendance to this meeting.



Thanks, Mark





What is "Reasonable Distance"

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire