Dismissed

mercredi 29 octobre 2014

I was accused of being under the influence of alcohol during a training course. I was removed from course by instructor and told me my company were sending a taxi to take me to be breathalized. I waited for an hour and a half and then received a phone call from a manager telling me just to go home they werent sending me for test. He said he would need me to come into office the following week for a 'chat'. The next I know I get a letter asking me to attend a Probationary Meeting where it was decided I was being dismissed. I appealed this and attended meeting. My reasons for appeal were that I had taken Nytol and thus made me appear 'not as focused as I could have been. (This was what Course Instructor said and also that there was no smell of alcohol. Also that company procedure had not been followed as I wasn't sent for test.



These two matters were to be investigated. However, I received a letter on Monday (more than 4 weeks after Appeal meeting) stating they could find no evidence that Nytol could affect me the following day and the decision was final. No mention of the reason why they had failed to send me for breath test.



I called the manager to discuss but he got very angry with me and slammed the phone down. I feel I have a right to see the report from the Doctors re Nytol and an explanation as to why they failed procedures!.





Dismissed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire