Lowell chasing disputed Vodafone bill from 2007 - advice needed please!

jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Hi,



I've recently (several months ago) tidied up my credit file and dealt with 2 defaults (one through Lowell Portfolio?, arranging reduced full and final settlements that I'm happy with after some good advice here.



Lowell have since been in touch saying they are now collecting a debt for a Vodafone bill, however the only time I have had a Vodafone contract was in late 2006 to June 2007 when I worked on a short term contract as a consultant. After making 5 monthly payments I handed the phone to the company I had been consulting for when the job finished on the understanding that they would be contacting Vodafone and taking over the contract.



It appears that this never happened and now Lowell have found this 'debt' from nowhere and are threatening to pull my credit file "and other information about me" from Experian to "help them decide how to recover the debt".



I queried the accuracy of their records and asked them to confirm in writing - they have replied advising they have checked with Vodafone and that the account was opened in my name and that 5 payments were made, nothing more.



I have not had any contact from Vodafone. I'm not disputing that I had the phone contract, however after handing the phone over to the company I consulted for this was the last I heard of it. The company I consulted for no longer exists as they were bought out by a national insurer shortly afterwards, so I have no way of tracking anything back.



The latest letter says they have stopped collections activity on the account for 14 days to allow me to get back to them.



There is nothing in any of the letters from Lowell that refers to the age of the debt.



Are Lowell allowed to send me these letters chasing a 7+ year old debt? (the phone was handed over by me in May 2007)



Is there any course of action I should be taking?



Any advice appreciated and happy to upload the letters if any help!



Thanks,



Ash





Lowell chasing disputed Vodafone bill from 2007 - advice needed please!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire