Need help with a work dispute

vendredi 17 avril 2015

Dear all,



im currently in the middle of a work dispute whilst on maternity leave.



I Need some insight into the what employers can and can't do in terms of benefits offered by them- in particular medical benefits.



in 2013 the company sent out a communication stating that we could receive a variety of benefits (ie medical, dental etc) and advised to log on and choose the benefit. I did not do this as I did not want the benefits at the time.



They have since submitted to HMRC that I am receiving it and my tax code has been significantly lower due to this.



My question is, if this is a non contractual benefit (therefore it's not within my contract terms) and I have not signed anything to authorise the medical benefit and deduction being made- can my company still go ahead and deduct it if only an email communication was sent out about it?



And what should I do as they are saying that I have already received the benefit so can't refund me what I've been taxed??



any advice will be much appreciated.



p.s. I was not aware I was receiving this benefit until I received a letter from the medical insurer with a username and password to log in and see what I could benefit from- this was received in end of July 14





Need help with a work dispute

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire