Court office didn't send appropriate forms and I missed my deadline!!!! HELP

samedi 18 avril 2015

Basically long story short! My ex landlady is taking me to court for 'damages' this includes her having to pay out for carpet cleaning, new carpets (as they didn't clean, paint to redecorate, a new window (because the lock was broken), cleaning supplies and lightbulbs...



We recieved all her court papers in March. We rang the court office straight away because we had no idea how to respond to the form. They said we should receive forms soon.

A week went by I rang them and they said they will send another form out. Another week went by and still nothing so I rang again and they sent another one!!

I finally received that and filled everything out and sent that off within a week. A week later I recieved a letter from the judge demanding me to pay the landlady because I hadn't responded in time!! They also never told me I could get the form online!

I rang the court office again and explained what I'd recieved they acknowledged I'd rang them multiple times and would speak to the judge.

I recieved a letter from judge today stating he'd already made a decision and if I wanted him to reconsider I'd have to pay £150 to set the application aside!!



All of this has caused me so much stress I've felt so physically ill and my doctors now put me on anti depressants and counselling (I have other things going on too but this is just icing on the cake!!)



I don't know what to do. If I pay the £150 do I get that back if I win the case? Or am I £150 down due to their mistakes? I can't afford to just throw that kind of money around I have 2 kids to think of!


I've also read that even if i do pay the £150 that still doesnt mean the judge will consider my response! Also my landlady never put the £450 in a deposit scheme , even though ive got the money back can i claim for her not putting the money in there? & Who would pay the 150? Would i have to claim that from the landlady or would that be another case!?



TIA





Court office didn't send appropriate forms and I missed my deadline!!!! HELP

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire