Chamges to Job Role

samedi 18 avril 2015

Hi

I hope someone will be able to offer some advice . My wife works in a Eldery Care home as a Senior Carer and has been there since June last year . Whilst it started quite well it has steadily progressed downwards . In January all staff were asked to take a voluntary 20% pay cut ( "voluntary" in the sense that if they did not volunteer it they would then be put on notice ) . The management have also cut all the kitchen staff hours by half and now Carers are expected to prepare meals etc in addition to caring for the residents . This is not a case of prepared one or two meals but actually preparing and serving lunch for 25 residents . My wife is not trained for this



We accepted the pay cut reluctantly but feel this latest change is simpley too much . In addition to this the Home Manager is for want of a better term a bully who screams and yells at the staff .



It has affected my my wife quite a bit and I would just like to know if there is anything we could do ? It is a Private Care Home and has no HR department to speak of . My understanding is that as my wife has not been there for two years there is very little she can do barring of course leaving and trying to find another job .



Any advise would be welcomed





Chamges to Job Role

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire