Delivery Mess - Sue for losses

dimanche 19 avril 2015

Hi Folks,



After having some success with advice from this brilliant forum before I'm back to ask for your help again...yeah, sorry about that :(



Story is this: Goods ordered from online retailer, extra paid for next day delivery. Goods HAD to be delivered next day as they were to come with me to a job the day after delivery & I was leaving early. 2 items ordered, sent to me by the supplier by 2 different couriers (go figure! Should've known it'd be a mess at this point!)



On the morning of the delivery I was told that the important item wasn't going to be delivered as it had not left the couriers depot the night before. I told the courier company I would collect but that they would have to sort out my losses with their client - backed this up with an email to the courier company CEO & the suppliers customer service team. Cue a 120 mile round trip. I sent the suppliers an invoice for £50 in fuel which is exactly what it cost me. I had to have this item & as I understand it my contract was with the supplier not the courier......



Anyway, supplier says they won't pay, says they will fight any chargeback I make against them with the credit card company & that they will defend any legal case, they do refund me the delivery charge which I reject as an insult - they send me a line from their T&Cs which says they will not be responsible for any losses, to which I replied that the law overrides their T&Cs, that they are effectively in breach & that I will take them to court.



As I see it for the amount involved I have little to lose by taking them to court for it to prove a point, letting them defend it & relying on the common sense of a judge saying "pay the man, your courier screwed up, you recover the loss from them as they have breached their contract with you as a supplier" - right?





Delivery Mess - Sue for losses

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire