Non communicative executor to beneficiaries

mercredi 25 mars 2015

My Estranged grandmother passed away on 24th October 2014. Unfortunately due to a family situation between her and my Father I had not seen or spoken to her for nearly 3 years because it was a very complex situation. My father was incarcerated after my Nonna and the current executor built a case for fraud/forgery against him. it's a very long and complex story.





My Grandmother has named myself, my sister and my sisters daughter as beneficiaries of her English will. 50% to me and 25% each to my sister and her daughter.





Below is the sole communication we have had from the executor despite contacting her several times via text message (which I have copies of) and leaving her voicemails.





We are trying to get to see a copy of the will from the solicitors that are holding it, but at the moment they are not forthcoming. I am unsure as to whether the executor has instructed them to be uncooperative with us or not.









'I am in the process of paying all outstanding accounts (I have still to pay - Back rent on her council flat and the burial plot ownership fee). On the advice of the solicitor who drew up the will it is not subject to grant of probate and is therefore not a public document I am acting as executor of the will in accordance with all legal practices. I will be in touch - probably in late March - to arrange a meeting to facilitate the distribution of pieces of jewellery and the balance of your Grandmothers finances.

I will need to pay any money due to ( my niece) into an account for her. The contents of the apartment, such as they were after downsizing, have been donated to charity. I had no need of them nor room to keep them. I have a few photographs but that is all. If you want copies we can sort that out. As far as the sale of the apartment is concerned, it does not form part of the English Will so is not within my remit. I believe it was co-owned by your grandmother and her brother as was required by Italian law). I have no other knowledge regarding that property.'





We have also found out that her brother who lives in Italy is also an executor. I did call him to speak to him as we were told that my Nonna had told people that we were going to receive something from Italy also. She had an apartment which she sold just before she passed away. He did not co own the property but had power of attorney.





My grandmothers brother informed me that the executor over here was due to travel to Italy on 12th March and they were going to sit and discuss and decide what to do.





He is very angry with my family and has said that we didn't see or help my grandmother and now I want her money. I reiterated that the only reason I called him was based on being told he was an executor and we had not had any communication from the other executor. In addition after being told from relatives in Italy my Grandmother had told them we were being left something.





There is a Will over there but I am unsure how to go about getting a copy of it etc.



Any advice is very welcomed.





Non communicative executor to beneficiaries

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire