Packaged account compensation

mardi 31 mars 2015

My hubby and I had two joint packaged accounts with RBS over the past number of years. Today I received a letter with a cheque for just under £400. They refunded half of the fees because it was a joint account - despite the fact that the complaint we made was in both names - hmmm.



One account they have estimated fees between 1996 and 2000 and the other between 2005 and 2007. We paid £12 per month for these accounts.



Apart from the fact that I think they should have refunded my hubby's part of the compensation too, the figure of £400 seems rather low to me.



Do they only have to calculate the 8% interest during the time of the running of the account? I would have thought it should be up to today's date, or there about.



What about the fact the the account was mis-sold to us? Should they not add compensation for that too?



They conveniently just posted the cheque with the letter without me having to sign anything saying 'full and final settlement'. Does that mean that I can cash the cheque in the meantime and still challenge them for more compensation?





Packaged account compensation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire