Santander PPI claim refused

mardi 31 mars 2015

Hi - great forum and has been a great comfort.



My wife was missold PPI on her HoF card back in 2002. She's so organised she still has the original application form with the ppi section crossed out.



Unbelieveably Santander have refused the claim based on that they called her six months later and she agreed to take it out. Given she was in full time employment and in no need of the insurance this is a little hard to believe.



Now my understanding is thus:



- The whole misselling issue was based on companies either providing misleading info or just not telling people about it. So Santander are effectively using questionable source to reject the claim.



- Our next step from Santander's pov is the FLA. Can I not go to the Financial Ombudsman? - this might pre-date their effective date?



- Although the Santander letter says this is their final decision I'm ignoring that as we want to know what this call 6 months after the application form says. I'm guessing they don't have a transcript so I'm going to use that as a basis for a letter to the CEO



- In addition my wife has substantial savings with them and I think she's been pretty shabbily treated here. This will be mentioned and this sort of treatment will result in her accounts going elsewhere.



I've noted some posts to do with an insurer called Genworth. Are they worth pursuing? Looks like recently they are in Santander's pocket.



Thanks for reading.





Santander PPI claim refused

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire