Solicitor recomendation - 12 month non-compete clause in contract

dimanche 31 août 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help either with general advice or with a recommendation for an employment solicitor with experience of defending against non competes/restrictive covenants in employment contracts. Ideally a good regional one rather than an expensive London one.



Basically I work for a software firm though I'm currently interviewing for a role at a client and have my third round interview this week. The issue I have is that I am subject to a 12 month, UK & EU wide non compete, non disclosure agreement and I'd want to run this past someone to check that I'm not breaching anything in the agreement that could actually be enforced. I'm not in a senior or management role and I'm aware that restraint of trade isn't allowed and that these agreements shouldn't be unreasonably long. As far as I can gather my current employer would have to demonstrate they were protecting a legitimate business interest. I'm not currently client facing... I could understand that such an agreement could be enforced if I were perhaps a billable resource in say a consultancy role and then jumped ship but my current role involves minimal client contact and the new role is a rather different one.





Solicitor recomendation - 12 month non-compete clause in contract

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire