Bailiffs...Bristow and Sutor..HELP!!!!!

dimanche 31 août 2014

Hi...I really hope someone can advise!!



Last year, I got into arrears with my council tax. I am a single mother, work part time (16hrs) so receive Working TC and Child TC., also Housing Benefit....and until last year, I also received Council Tax Benefit.,,then of course, the council tax benefit rule changed, and I was eligible to have to pay the total amount (minus the 25% single person deduction). I really really struggled. My wage hadn't increased to counteract the increase in CT...so I just couldn't pay. The debt was sent onto Bristow and Sutor, I made an arrangement to pay at the beginning of this year...and for one reason and another...ie, childs illness...lack of work etc...i still was unable to pay. The Bailiffs arrived at the house in May of this year...I did NOT let them in the house, there is no levy on anything in my house, but they entered my shed and listed Lawn Mower and strimmer, and a couple of smaller things. I tried talking to them at my door....told them they weren't coming in...listed my finaces in regards to income...told them i was a single Mum..etc. They then said they would and could take my car. I do not know if they levied it...have not got paperwork to say that they have. I clearly explained that the car could not be taken. I leave in a rural area. 5 miles from school, work, and shops....there is also no public transport to use...and finally, that due to my work, my car was essential (I'm a cleaner...and I need my car to get to clients houses). Trying to talk to the Bailiff i question was impossible...he could tell I was VERY distressed...did not take into consideration my circumstances, even told me I was probably lying about the fact that there is no public transport!! The whole time he was looking at his reflection in the window fiddling with his hair!!! GGrrr!!!

Whilst the Bailiff was here, I rang the council....I was upset, and said that I needed some help and advice. The council and myself agreed to pay 150.00 per month (this was very high..but I can just about do it) the council spoke to the bailiff and the bailiff agreed to leave with this amount agreed, It was due to be paid on the 12th of each month, starting in June.

I paid the first amount of 150.00 a week before it was due just to get it started....and also had the money at that moment to do so...a week after payment, I received the schedule of payment from B&S...and first payment was 186.00, then payments of 150.00, the final payment being in November. I completely forgot about the 36.00 extra that I had to additionally pay in the second installment that I paid in July...I therefore paid another 150.00 for Julys installment...it was 4 days late but at least paid. The last payment, for the august installment has been paid, 150.00 once again....again had completely overlooked the 36.00 extra that I owed....I think I had in my mind it was 150...and that had to be paid each month...a GENUINE error on my part.The august payment was 2 weeks late...but to be honest...I was just relieved that I had paid...hadn't missed a month and had got halfway through paying off my debt. Yesterday...Sat 30th august, whilst I was out at work, and my 14yr old daughter was in bed...the Bailiffs arrived...they left a letter that said they'd arrived to take items for auction to pay off debt, and that I was to ring them immediatly. I rang the bailiff and asked why they had been here...I was told I had broken the agreement....I asked why...as I had paid 450.00 over the three months as agreed. I was told, i had broken the agreement, and that the agreement in may was now cancelled...as I had paid on the wrong day...and that the first payment was meant to be 186,00. I told them I would pay the 36.00 this coming week...and the 150.00 installment for september on the 12th. He said he would not and didn't have to accept that as I had broken the agreement terms...and that he would be back in half an hour to collect the money..including 235.00 for their efforts!! So my debt is now over 700.00 instead of 436.00....even though I have paid three payments...and haven't missed a month. I have incurred a charge for paying 450.00.....but on the wrong days!!!! Needless to say....they didn't come back yesterday, even when i was told they would. I rang Step Change and they advised me to park my car away from my home...and to ring them Monday to talk to a Debt advisor. I have also contacted my local MP to ask if he can intervene with the council to take my debt back on...as if B&S continued to deal with it...and continued to add on charges..how was I ever going to get out of this debt. By the skin of my teeth I've manged to pay this years council tax..but if this continues with last years debt, it will affect this years payments...and the spiral continues for another year!

I'm so sorry this is a long post...but I am at my wits end...is there anything more I can do...I will be contacting Step Change at 8am tomorrow...with the hope they can help. I feel frustrated....I've shown commitment to pay...haven't missed a month...overlooked 36.00....and seem to be getting nowhere fast!!!





Bailiffs...Bristow and Sutor..HELP!!!!!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire